Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another Video Games Question:

Do you agree with David Grossman? Explain why or why not.

I am fairly disagreeing with David Grossman. He supposed that media companies should be blamable for the messages they are scattering to kids. But I also consider that we shouldn't blame companies 100% for that. Because like I said in my earlier response, which was youngsters should also have the responsibility to control themselves against learning the immoral stuffs from games. The thing that I truly agree with him is games that are based on real life wars and violent television shows interest a major amount of kids, exclusively boys. I like games that are set in times of wars, because you can feel like you are a real soldier, not a fantasy one. But I think that television shows aren't going damage kids’ brains, they can only watch but not control the characters on television, so they couldn't do things they like either. Video games are not instruction us to kill, the ones that actually killed someone like they did in imaginary worlds would be the ones that have no clue about reality.

(By the way I used MS Word for synonyms)

6 comments:

  1. I am fairly agreeing with James Bald! We shouldn't blame companies 100% for what is being influenced into the minds of children. Just take a wide look. You will see that there are a lot of useful programs on TV besides those “ addictive and toxic ingredient “ shows. For instance, the education program, the funny “ Barbie games “ ( which one of my friend in LA class love ). Do those programs and games are bloodshed ??? Perhaps, no. ^^ :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Jamez Bald, parents should be responsible for what their children are watching and playing. Even though they can't sit next to their kids all say, they should guide their kids to the right path. I like your idea about how children can't control characters on TV shows. So, I guess I mostly agree with you ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. well Jamez Bald, I am disagree on you, on everything, no I kidding but something tickle my mind when you said media companies is blamable and that is not correct because parents or the child should me responsible for picking the right games, the games that suitable for their own ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahaha. Tina and Allice said BALD. Im sorry, but I think he has more hair then normal guys do..i think..ANYWAY...

    I agree. There shouldn't be blaming on companies when all they're trying to do is make more money. They probably mean no intention of actual killing or violence. But the younger the child, the easier they are influenced by what is often shown to them on a daily basis. When you are this age, you probably know well enough that games and real life are totally different. But a child at 2 years of age watching his/her dad play Call of Duty might think there is shooting like that everywhere, and that men shooting other men is a common thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you right Jame. The video game not teach the children to kill so don't blame the company. Just the children don't know about how to control themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree I don't think he should blame the company and youngsters,and their parents should have responsibility. And by the way, the first three people who commented can not identify the difference between having hair and being bald.

    ReplyDelete