Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

Video Games Question:

Should twelve and thirteen year olds be able to play any video game they want?

_ I think twelve and thirteen year old kids can play any game they want as long as they have their parents' permissions. For a little amount of kids, violent games like Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto may damage their brains; they will do bad things in the real world just like they did in those games. Playing games is not so bad for some parts, it can make you feel relaxing and forget all the bad things in life. Just try to think that games are games, they don't have anything to do with our life. Don't play a violent game and then after that punch someone that you hate. You shouldn't play games more than 12 hours per day, because you'll have a terrible headache and will be easy to get mad at anyone, even your closest people. Young boys in these modern days like to play real life-based games that they can do similar things like in real life. They want to have some freedom that they can never have. In games, if we got arrested by the police, we can always load from a saved game and then replay. By doing that in real life, you'll get killed or go in jail for a long long time. So like I said before, kids can any play games if they can control themselves.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that children should be able to play whatever they want. I also agree with almost everything stated. They should be able to play only if they can control themselves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so agree with you James, everything you said is true, they should be able to play any game if they can control themselves. Nice work ^_^

    By the way, since you comments on mind but I kind of disagree on your comment on my blog. Many kid play violent and usually they will get bad grade but if they are smart people like you they can play violent and still get a good grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamez Bald,
    I think you have a very different view because you like to play a lot of video games. But you are an example of a "good player" because you are not too violent [not that I saw], your academic result is really good and you are very sporty, you don't even have to wear glasses [I don't play games a I wear glasses]. Maybe that is because you know how to control yourself so video games just "make you feel relaxing and forget all the bad things in life". It is a very good thing. But not everyone is like you so sadly, there had been some cases where teenagers who are addicted to video games killed people who stopped them from playing video games. So... I guessed you are lucky that you had someone to guide you. Well, I think the key is to "control yourself and know it's just a game".
    P/S: I think it should be "you shouldn't play games more than 2 hours per day", not 12 because I can't imagine playing games for 11 straight hours :)

    ReplyDelete